Friday, January 18, 2008

South Beach

J and I went on the South Beach diet a couple of weeks ago. Pros: I've lost about 14 pounds, mostly due to the diet (I've been exercising fairly diligently, but not enough to lose that much weight); I haven't been all that hungry; the meals are decent. Cons: Food prep is a nightmare. You need to hire a chef to prepare the meals--very elaborate; it's designed for suburbanites with huge fridges, which we're not; the first two weeks mandate V8 or tomato juice for breakfast every morning--both are undrinkable unless you put vodka in them (which we didn't).

I did not give up caffeine, as the diet suggests (it makes you hungry), but I did have a constant low-level headache the first few days. But now I feel a lot better--surprisingly better. I used to have a constantly upset stomach, and that's gone away. Of course, this might be due to lack of stress from not teaching.

This post seems to beg for a before and after picture. Maybe later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.